Sarah Ferguson has reportedly been given a key role as a “VIP attendee” at King Charles’ coronation concert in Windsor, after she was denied an invite to the historic ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
The Duchess of York, the ex-wife of disgraced Prince Andrew, has not publicly commented on her royal snubbing, despite the fact that her two daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, have been given seats at the ceremony on May 6.
Despite this, she has been given a “VIP attendee” role at the massive concert on the East Lawn of Windsor Castle, 24 hours after King Charles is crowned.
The concert will see several major stars, including Take That, Lionel Richie, and Katy Perry, perform to a massive crowd of 20,000.
READ MORE: Sarah Ferguson 'taking notes from Meghan' as her Instagram reach explodes
While attendees of the coronation at Westminster Abbey have been preparing for the event for weeks, the guest list for the concert has not yet been released.
A royal insider toldthe Sunthat Sarah Ferguson would “never have expected an invitation to the Coronation”.
They added: “But she is delighted to be joining the wider family for the Coronation Concert.
“She cherishes those more relaxed times with the family and, contrary to some reports, is fully accepting of the situation.
Queen’s corgis no longer grieving monarch and are now 'really happy', says Fergie
“She did, of course, join the family for the Sandringham Christmas celebrations, so it’s clear there is no ill will in either direction. Quite the contrary.”
She told ITV’s Loose Women that she always planned to watch the coronation on TV, saying earlier this month: “I will be having a little tea room and putting out the bunting. I love to watch it on the telly because the commentators are always good.”
Experts previously pointed out that King Charles snubbing Ferguson was likely due to the sheer number of embarrassing stories that came out about her while she was more connected to the Firm.
Sarah Ferguson's pal kept 'lingerie rooms' and 'stripper shoes' for female guests
The worst of the scandals came in 1992, when photographs were published of her having her toes sucked by her financial adviser John Bryan at her holiday villa in St Tropez.
She also managed to fall out with Princess Diana, after she claimed to have gotten a verruca shortly after she borrowed a pair of the late Princess’s shoes.
The pair were reportedly still not speaking because of this at the time of Diana’s untimely death in 1997.
- Jet2 plane forced to make emergency landing as drunk passenger 'pees in cabin'
- Evil Josef Fritzl's home turned into flats and dungeon filled after museum plans failed
- Model's chilling final 8-word text before she and pals were massacred on beach holiday
Source: Read Full Article