Holiday from hell saw ‘bad indigestion’ trap nan in Moroccan hospital for a week

A British grandmother had a holiday experience from hell after suffering a heart attack.

Tina Murphy was in the Turkish city of Marrakesh in 2019 alongside partner John when she thought she had indigestion.

But after realising it wasn't going away, she saw a doctor who told her that she needed urgent car at a hospital.

READ MORE: British beach 'turned into a warzone' with bins on fire and string of brutal assaults

She was stuck there for a week, and had stents fitted during the worrying incident.

However, she is now worried about having another attack.

She said: “It just felt like bad indigestion – I had an ache in the arm.

“I had some Gaviscon and mint tea, thinking I was blocked up or it was heartburn.

“When I got told I was having a heart attack I was so annoyed, as daft as it sounds.

“It was like, 'Why has it happened to me?'.

“I have a history of heart problems in my family but I thought I had got away with it.”

Oddly, she went to play shuffleboard after feeling like the pain had gone.

But it returned, and was “more intense” than it was before.

  • Boy, nine, swept into the air in inflatable zorb ball at horror festival scene

“It wasn't until the late afternoon that the pain got worse, it was getting tighter and then the chest pain was getting worse,” she recalled.

"Around 4:30pm I could feel a sensation going up my neck.

"But I couldn't relate any of this to a specific symptom of something and kept wondering why I was getting it."

She went for a lie down while John went to the reception to ask for someone to check on his wife.

A doctor then came out, gave Tina a check-up, and phoned for an ambulance to take them to the hospital

She was put in a side ward and hospital staff said they would come and check on her in 30 minutes.

  • Brits to melt in scorching 30C heatwave as fans in the UK fly off supermarket shelves

But, while they were waiting, Tina's pain then came back.

She said: “I still had no clue what was going on.

“They wheeled me out of the room and told my partner I was very poorly and he couldn't come into the room.

“When we got in, I started to hear them all talking and they started talking about stents.

“At that point, I knew I was having a heart attack.”

Tina's main artery was closed, so she had an angioplasty procedure.

This uses a balloon to stretch open a narrowed or blocked artery – and had three stents fitted.

Tina remained in the hospital for a week before being discharged.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article